1) Wait until the coffee course, particularly if there is a set menu.
2) Do not leave your date behind, unless you are sure it is the last time you wish to see them.
3) Do not start actually <running> until you are outside the restaurant.
4) Do not select the heaviest items on the menu. Running on a bouillabaisse is medically inadvisable.
5) Beginner and the shy: Do a practice <runner> before ordering any food.
Refuse to do. Although if leaving quickly after eating at my sister's house counts then count this as task as accomplished.