Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 6 - Your Debut Novel

My favorite example listed on today's page reads: "The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there." The Go-Between, L.P. Hartley 

Instructions: Today write the opening sentence of your debut novel:

Here is my sentence for today: "This is going to take some thought..."

This is the first sentence of the novella I wrote in 2004: "After returning from the hospital, I walked to the kitchen for a Coke, stopping at the glass sofa table in my parent’s foyer to pick up one of the silver-plated picture frames.  

This is the first sentence of my attempt at poetry: "I am from steel mills, church festivals, annual garage sales, bowling alley bars, and a traditional neighborhood complete with bike parades and block parties." 

No comments:

Post a Comment