Thursday, January 16, 2014

I miss the 80's

Earlier this week I posted on FB that I missed the days of mixed tapes. I just keep thinking back to how much time and effort when in to making that special compilation of songs for your significant other (these might include tracks by Boys II Men, Air Supply, NKOTB, and Chicago among others),  a friend going through a breakup (think your typical girls' anthems - I Will Survive or basically anything off of Alanis Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill), a girls night out get ready mix (Lil Kim's Ladies Night comes to mind), etc.

I mean, really, who puts that kind of thought into gifts these days. Now it's a bottle of wine and a scented candle from Bath and Body Works. Not that those are bad gifts (shit, I give them all the time myself), but how much better would those be if they came accompanied by a well thought out playlist to match your mood and circumstance.

Did anyone hold on to any of these old gems from long ago? If so, I'd love to hear what titles made your tape :) I have some itunes credits I need to use up...

No comments:

Post a Comment