Thursday, January 2, 2014

"For last year's words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice. To make an end is to make a beginning" - T.S. Eliot

So....it's been a rough year. And that, my friends, is an understatement. Problems on the home front, job security, numerous car debacles, and a general lack of motivation have plagued me this year. In spite of the inspiring quote above, yesterday seemed to still want to hold on to the language of last year as in my attempt to be more 'present' in the moment and take Liv to the Science Center (as opposed to hiding away in all things digital) ended in disaster as my car caused me yet more problems (which I am sure were intensified due to being rear-ended last week on my way home from celebrating Christmas...sigh).

Oh, and by the way - Science Center, not a huge fan - glad it cost me $44 to find that out (and that was with my free educator general admission)....okay okay enough negativity (see last year's voice keeps creeping in)...on to today and the hope that 2014 will prove everything that 2013 wasn't. In an attempt to fake it until I make it I am trying to adopt an attitude of optimism (although I seem to suck at this as well based on my phone convo. two minutes ago). Anyhow, for what it's worth, I have created a calendar of goals for the coming year:

  1. Work out 4 times a week (and yes +Becca Horgan  the 4 minute pinterest work out does count - baby steps, after all). Goal weight: 112 (the anxiety and stress of the past year has caused me to drop close to 7 lbs. already so there's an upside)
  2.  Eat dinner as a family 
  3.  Be kind(er) 
  4.  Pick a t.v. free activity to do with Liv each night 
  5.  Devote a half hour a day to studying Spanish at least five days a week 
  6.  Blog every Thursday 
  7. Limit drinking (will also help me accomplish previous 6 goals...lol)
  8. Read more (I added a 'book' page if anyone wants to engage in virtual book club :)
  9. Walk Quinn more

P.S. +Ashley Keene  - I was going to use the phrase 'not for nothing' above, but after looking it up in urban dictionary it actually means something you are about to say is important not for 'what it's worth' as is commonly thought

Ok....well I'm off to workout (and yes, only the 4 minutes one)

No comments:

Post a Comment