Thursday, December 31, 2015

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good...

So did I prove perfect in meeting all my new year's resolutions that I blogged about last year - I sure as shit didn't. Did I make more progress than I did the year before in meeting the goals I set for myself for the new year - I sure as shit did! In fact, my completion percentage increased from 33% to 60% and I have to say that of the resolutions I did complete I fuckin did them with gusto! Take a peak to see what I mean.

Here was my list from last year with notes about my progress or lack thereof:

1. Complete the 2015 Reading Challenge 
To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham   

Did I read all 50 books: no - but I did manage to read 18 and that's better than none. 
Some of my favorite books included Big Little Lies and Steal like an Artist.

2. Find a new place to call home and simplify  
Have nothing in your home that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris





3. Master two Yoga inversions
Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. ~Bhagavad Gita

I did have crow and a headstand mastered - not sure if I still do, but I'm going with yes here. 






4. Visit a new city
Wanderlust: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world, to discover one's very existence 

I hit up a few all of which I fell in love with for different reasons.
Vail, CO
Boulder, CO
Denver, CO




 Nashville, TN

5. Finish Destinos series (aka learn to speak Spanish) 
Anything can happen child. Anything can be. ~ Shel Silverstein 


I kind of just failed here.


6. Listen more - talk less 
Be curious, not judgmental. ~Walt Whitman

Potentially here too. 


7. Complete the Color Run 
When was the last time you did something for the first time? 

 

I also ran 8 miles this week - something I NEVER thought I could do. Rock on! 

8. Get my (re)imaginings pilot off the ground 
She lets her imagination run away with her. 





I think it was a success!
9. Three hours of not looking at my phone a day  
And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling. ~Shani

Oops!

10. 1 hour of uninterrupted Olivia time a day
Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. 

I struggle with finding enough time, but we do read together every night, have really cut down on tv, and I've made an effort to 'play' more. 

11. Find more serenity.  
She is clothed with strength & dignity and laughs without fear of the future. ~Proverbs 31.25


Some days.

12. Register for a class for my Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies Certificate
Respond to every call that excites your spirit. ~ Rumi

My first course is behind me! And I'm registered for the next course in the series for Spring. 


13. Take Liv to the 2015 International Children's Festival 
"Our lives are connected by 1000 invisible threads -  along those sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes & return to us as results" ~Melville 

That's a check! 

 

 

14. Host a gratitude dinner
Be with those who help your being. ~ Rumi

Still plan on doing this!!!!

15. Take Olivia to Pride parade
It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.  ~ L.R Knost

Not only did we go, we worked the Children's tent






 

So all in all, in spite of some heartache and some huge mistakes I still feel super blessed looking back on my 2015 highlight real. 

What's up for next year: 
1) More getting to know myself
2) More exploring
3) More love

Normally, my OCD would require I list a bunch of specifics (ya know - names, dates, timelines) for my resolutions, but I'm going rogue this year! 


Peace,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment