Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 17 - Eat nothing but asparagus

Eat nothing but asparagus all day long to ascertain just how noxious your pee can get. Been there, done that? Try one of the lesser urine-affecting vegetables: fennel, eggplant, okra, turnip, ginger

We forgot to keep a book out with us on our trip back to Ohio. Thank goodness as this would have been a hard one to adhere to given such a long road trip.

I do plan to come back to this one sometime this week though especially given all of the extra pounds I put on while eating buttered french fries, cheeseburgers, and fried mac-n-cheese on vacation.

May 5, 2014 - picked today to revisit this challenge and ate like a horse yesterday since I knew we would be doing it today - here is a breakdown of how things are going: (NOT WELL)

Here is what I made around 11:00 a.m. - asparagus sauteed in garlic and butter



People, I don't think I can fight the feeling much longer. I am telling myself all kinds of crazy things - thinking about the hunger strikes in Norther Ireland and that if they can do that I can certainly do this - pretending I'm doing this for humanity - showing how I'm a woman of strong will.....HELP! Any words of encouragement out there?!

+Ashley Keene - the soup requires using a blender which I am way to lazy to dig out and dirty - after all I have no energy thanks to starving myself all day and the recipe also uses techy chef terms like blanch

Update: WE DID IT! A quick trip to Spuddy's helped to take our mind off of the agony (while at the same time fulfilling once of last summer's bucket items that never got accomplished! Yay for progress!) I did wake up at 1:12 this morning and my stomach was killing me so at that point I did go downstairs and inhale a sandwich and white cheddar popcorn while still half asleep.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment